Plans, designs and implements networked systems of very large scope and very high complexity. Provides engineering services and project management functions required to develop and implement very complex network plans. Projects include technology changes within the platforms, new implementation guidelines and/or standards. Analysis includes switching, interconnection, national platforms and backbone facilities. Conducts project planning, cost analysis and vendor comparisons.
The Routed Networks (RNET) team is looking for a candidate with IP network experience, and some scripting knowledge to work on automation opportunities and develop tools to support the deployment of hardware and software upgrades on the Sprint network.
The candidate should have a thorough understanding of IP routing, switching and the OSI model. The candidate should have experience working on Cisco or Juniper firewalls, routers and switches. The candidate should also be able to assist with developing and critiquing the methods of procedure (MOP) for deployment of new hardware and software into the production environment.
The candidate will coordinate the automation effort with upstream teams, by using programming applications such as Python, C++ etc.
* The candidate should be located near Overland Park, KS.*
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years network engineering experience
- Three years project management and project implementation experience
- Must be familiar with networking equipment such as routers and firewalls
- Must have an understanding of BGP, ISIS and other routing protocols.
- Must have working knowledge of Cisco IOS, IOS-XR, and Juniper JUNOS operating systems and hardware.
- Must be able to write and critique a Method of Procedures (MOP) for hardware and software maintenance upgrades
- Be required to provide process improvements for the team, and provide technical training as needed.
- Must be able to handle trouble shooting calls from engineers, and user who are having network issues to resolve the issues regardless of the complexity of the situation.
- Must have working knowledge of PHP, JAVA, and other web development languages
- Must have working knowledge of Windows and Linux (Red Hat) platforms
- Have working knowledge of PERL, Python, and other scripting languages.
- Nice-to-have: Ansible, YAML, JSON, XML, Microsoft Sharepoint, or Cisco Network Management System
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .