Provides technical support to field engineers, technicians, and product support personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing and debugging complex electro/mechanical equipment, computer systems, complex software, or network and/or wireless systems. Responds to situations where first-line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in malfunctioning equipment or software. Reports design, reliability and maintenance problems or bugs to design engineering/software engineering. May be involved in customer installation and training. Provides support to customers/users where the product is highly technical or sophisticated in nature.
The ideal candidate is Cisco CCNA/CCNP/CCIP/CCSP and/or Juniper JNCIS-M/JNCIS-FWV certified. Additionally, the
candidate would have 5+ years experience in an operations environment, IP Engineering, Security or IP Design. Also
desired is proficiency in Cisco and Juniper hardware and software and routing protocols such as BGP, ISIS, OSPF and
The Technical Support Engineer/Subject Matter Expert will be responsible for:
- Provide support for customers in resolving complex technical problems within the IP operations group and the
execution of all assigned projects within Scope, Time and Budget.
- Provide technical support for break-fix activities, proactive network health work, maintenance activities, support of
systems and tools, DRIVE projects, and UNIX scripting.
- Responds to situations where first and second line product support has failed to isolate or fix problems in
malfunctioning equipment or software.
- Provide technical support to personnel who are diagnosing, troubleshooting, repairing, and debugging complex
software, or networked and/or wireless systems. The network systems include the following Cisco series routers, firewalls
and catalyst switches: 2500, 2600, 2800, 3600, 3700, 6500, 7500, 7600, 10000, ASA, PIX 500. Juniper series router/
switch and firewalls: M10, M320, MX960, 208, 5200, 5400, SRX. The candidate will be responsible for having
working knowledge most, if not all of the following protocols: IS-IS, BGP, EIGRP, OSPF, RIP, SONET, PPP, HDLC, and
- Solve problems by collaborating with the vendor. The candidate will work with the vendors such as Cisco and Juniper
to investigate and root-cause network events and funnel that information back to the appropriate groups. The candidate
will be able to determine most cost effective repair/resolution to minimize customer downtime. Prepares report for analysis
of service failure trends and service ability issues.
- Bachelor's degree and two years related work experience or six years related work experience post high school
- Two years working with diagnostics to correct complex network and/or wireless system problems
- Two years experience with project management and project implementation
- Must be willing to work in a 24x7 on call environment.
- Two plus years experience in Router, Switch, and Firewall environment
While most Sprint employees are on the front lines in our retail and call centers, there is a force of corporate employees who keep the company charging ahead. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Behind each of these technologies is a corporate force made up of Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Strategy, Network and IT.
This is a fiercely competitive industry, and Sprint employees all share a common job description: Beat our competitors by providing unrivaled service and value to our customers. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .