Directs and manages the research, design, planning and development of new advanced network technologies, network components and radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission. Receives assignments in the form of objectives and determines how to use resources to meet schedules and goals. Provides guidance to subordinates within the latitude of established company policies. Recommends changes to policies and establishes procedures. Follows processes and operational policies in selecting methods and techniques for obtaining solutions. Manages the activities of individual contributors or supervisors with accountability for goals, objectives, and operational policies. May participate in the development of functional strategy. Has responsibility for hiring, termination, performance, and salary decisions.
Leads Development and Engineering for Subscriber Data Management systems and platforms, including SPS/HSS, HLR, AAA, EIR, AGW. Accountable for feature and services integration and validation (lab, FIT), function level KPI standards, release management, budget, capacity, deployment, commissioning/ integration, NPL production, WR/ MOP production for platforms under management.
Ideal Candidates need:
- Extensive experience in software and database development, technologies and best practices for highly redundant and resilient database solutions.
- Experience with wireless technologies (LTE, eHRPD, CDMA) including 3GPP standards.
- Experience with 3GPP/3GPP2 framework especially control plane (AAA/HSS, Subscriber Data and Policy & Charging Control)
- Demonstrated ability to lead complex projects end-to-end, in a cross-function environment, from conceptualization to launch, including but not limited to requirements gathering, design, development, integration, testing, deployment and launch.
- Experience with or willing to contribute to release management, vendor management and project management.
- Experience with black box testing using automated test tools (JMeter, Landslide etc.) for various protocols (LDAP, XML SOAP, DIAMETER, RADIUS).
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Three years experience in research, design, planning and development of new advanced network technologies, network components and radio frequency (RF) and/or wireless transmission
- Two years experience with project management, leadership of project implementation
- Three years supervisory or management experience
- Master’s Degree in Computer Science or Engineering Field
- Experience in managing large teams with complete life cycle development
- Experience in Integrating large, real-time, highly scalable systems
- Experience in Network Function Virtualization (NFV) and Automation frameworks
- Ability to guide teams during critical production issues to provide quick resolution
While most Sprint employees are on the front lines in our retail and call centers, there is a force of corporate employees who keep the company charging ahead. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Behind each of these technologies is a corporate force made up of Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Strategy, Network and IT.
This is a fiercely competitive industry, and Sprint employees all share a common job description: Beat our competitors by providing unrivaled service and value to our customers. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .