Undertakes complex projects requiring additional specialized technical knowledge. Makes decisions on complex or ambiguous architecture issues. Coordinates with users to determine requirements. Ensures that system improvements are successfully implemented and monitored to increase efficiency. Establishes and communicates common goal and direction for team. Acts as a resource for direction, training, and guidance for less experienced staff. Monitors project schedules and costs.
Partner with Marketing and IT teams to build requirements and implement functionality to support Sprint Acquisition Marketing initiatives with existing infrastructure. Must be able to communicate effectively with end users and management teams to ensure that requirements and deliverables are understood, agreed upon and executed. Perform recurring and ad hoc decision support reporting and data mining in support of Sprint Acquisition Marketing initiatives related to device and service sales and maintenance. Utilize varied data sources to produce time sensitive, value-add reporting and analysis. The candidate will be responsible for the accuracy of all reporting output and will be expected to perform relevant quality assurance. This position requires a unique mix of technical skills and business analysis.US Citizenship required due to data access requirements
- Bachelor's degree and eight years related work experience or twelve years related work experience post high school
- Five years technical experience specializing in architectural issues
- Five years experience with project management and project implementation
The candidate should have 10+ years of professional experience in an IT, Architect and/ or Business Analysis environment and a related BS/BA degree or equivalent work experience. The ideal candidate will be an expert in querying using SQL, in developing and implementing database applications using PL/SQL for Oracle, and in running complex reporting in a UNIX environment using shell scripting. Also, the candidate must have a solid understanding of business intelligence concepts and tools and proven business analysis skills. Must be proficient in the Microsoft Office suite. Candidate must also possess excellent written and verbal communication skills, and have the ability to work effectively in a collaborative team environment.
Experience in UNIX and shell scripting development for batch process.
- Working knowledge in Teradata and BTEQ scripting - 8+ yrs experience
- Expert in writing and optimizing complex SQL queries- includes performance tuning (analyzing query plans, query tuning, indexing) - 8+ yrs experience
- Experience in PL/SQL programming creating and maintaining and using advanced PL/SQL concepts - 4+ yrs experience
- Gather business requirements, conceptualize and execute repeatable processes in support of Marketing Acquisition initiatives and ensure existing processes are not compromised.
- Must possess excellent auditing skills – understand intended functionality and underlying data, extract relevant date, analyze for defects and quantify impacts
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .