Assists with creating, evaluating and modifying prototypes to support evolving application development. May develop user profiles, with emphasis on human error control, display issues, visual interaction, physical manipulation and task and objective analyses. Provides product usability, evaluation and support to product development teams, including the analysis and investigation of applications/systems including tactile methods, visual graphics, web, multimedia, voice response and conversational user interaction. May assist in developing design concept and implementation, providing input on user design considerations.
Sprint’s User Experience (UX) team provides support and direction to interaction designers and developers to create digital experiences that impress and delight our customers. As a human factors engineer within a highly experienced research team you will play a major role in understanding customer behavior, researching user needs, and defining user interface requirements. Your primary responsibility is to conduct research throughout the customer lifecycle using remote unmoderated online tools as well as ethnographic research with our customers using techniques such as usability studies, contextual inquiry, cognitive walkthroughs, individual interviews, group discussions, etc. You will be responsible for every phase of research from defining the goals and objectives of the study, developing and executing the experimental design, to documenting, communicating, and operationalizing the results of your research.
The ideal candidate will have:
- Excellent research skills and highly proficient in all phases of research execution.
- Deep understanding of contemporary human factors and HCI research.
- The ability to apply HCI principles and provide structure to research findings.
- Strong quantitative and qualitative data analytics skills
- Ability to utilize critical thinking to analyze problems which may require creative approaches and multiple factors
- A talent for taking a wealth of information and producing a compelling story of the user experience or user needs, both in verbal and in written form.
- Ability to work both independently and collaboratively with cross-functional teams of visual designers, interaction designers, and business owners to build consensus and achieve results.
- The interest and flexibility to work on a diverse product line including mobile applications, web-based applications, Interactive Voice Software, etc.
- The demonstrated experience and willingness to work on several projects in parallel.
- Strong presentation skills are a must.
- Bachelor's degree or four years related work experience post high school
- One year application change experience
- One year experience in user design/requirements
- An advanced degree in Human Factors, Human-Computer Interaction, Cognitive Psychology, Experimental Psychology, Behavioral Analytics, or closely related field is required.
- 2+ years experience required, 4+ years experience preferred.
- Candidates with previous research experiences utilizing moderated and unmoderated usability tests, or extensive group discussion moderation experiences are of particular interest.
While most Sprint employees are on the front lines in our retail and call centers, there is a force of corporate employees who keep the company charging ahead. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone.
Behind each of these technologies is a corporate force made up of Finance, Human Resources, Communications, Marketing, Legal, Government Affairs, Strategy, Network and IT.
This is a fiercely competitive industry, and Sprint employees all share a common job description: Beat our competitors by providing unrivaled service and value to our customers. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
Sprint is an Equal Opportunity Employer and has been recognized for its commitment to diversity and creating an inclusive workplace where all employees’ backgrounds, talents and contributions are valued. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, nation origin, disability or protected veteran status. Sprint is a background screening, drug-free workplace.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Protected Veterans
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled protected veteran and need an accommodation or accessibility assistance to apply for one of our positions, you may submit a request by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org or by faxing your request to 913-523-9980.
“Applicants have rights under Federal Employment Laws” Family and Medical Leave Act (FMLA) Poster; Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) Poster; Supplemental Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) is the Law Poster; Employee Polygraph Protection Act (EPPA) Poster; Pay Transparency Notice Poster; and the Philadelphia’s Fair Change Hiring Law Poster.