Evaluates, analyzes, and architects network changes. Develops solutions for system improvements and provides end to end expertise regarding multiple platforms utilized by the network. Interfaces with other teams to provide impact analysis on upcoming system integration changes and resolve potential issues. Advises on upgrades to corporate infrastructure, systems, and network, and creates solutions for conflicts caused by system, network, and application changes. May lead initiatives for designing and building new systems, improving system performance and system automation.
A Systems Engineer III on the Data Services Performance Team maintains and builds tools and scripts that assist in monitoring and troubleshooting the Sprint network. This position requires deep knowledge of Linux and scripting in multiple languages. Python and BASH are preferred. Experience with database systems like MySQL or Postgres is also required. IP networking knowledge is required.
Experience supporting a network in an ISP or Telecomm environment is preferred.
- 2+ years Linux System Administrator experience
- 2+ years MySQL/Postgres database experience. Good with SQL and performance tuning
- 1+ years TCP IP Networking experience. Good understanding of routing, firewall, latency, VLANs and fragmentation
- 1+ years scripting or programming in a LAMP (or equivalent) environment.
• Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
• Three years of System Engineering experience
• Three years of experience leading technical projects
• Three years of experience troubleshooting complex end to end systems
- C programming experience
- Laravel web development infrastructure experience
- InfluxDB database development experience
- Ideal candidate will have experience working for an ISP
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .