Ensures that all installation and maintenance functions are performed in a timely fashion to meet customer and company specifications. Performs highly specialized moderately complex tasks associated with installation and/or maintenance of switch, cell, network, or CPE equipment.
The Installation Technician I Ensures that all installation and maintenance functions are performed in a timely fashion to meet customer and company specifications. Performs highly specialized moderately complex tasks associated with installation and/or maintenance of switch, cell, network, or CPE equipment.
Must have valid driver's license, three consecutive years of active driving history, successfully complete driver's safety training, and otherwise comply with Sprint's Driver Safety Policy and guidelines.
The Installation Technician I is responsible for conducting Site Surveys, Installation/Commissioning/Integration and troubleshooting of all hardware installation in a CORE Sprint facilities and performing required processes to receive and perform all testing procedures. Knowledge of typical configuration and installation best practices across multiple technology lanes and OEM manufactures. Experienced in AC/DC power systems, grounding, installation methodology and standards and labeling. The ideal candidate will have experience with both wireline and wireless network hardware. Proficiency with making cables and cleaning, scoping and testing fiber and great understanding of optical and electrical test sets. The candidate will be responsible for working independently and with remote engineering to troubleshoot and perform acceptance and visual assistance. This position will require travel potentially using a company vehicle and occasional extended travel may also be required. The Candidate must be flexible to work shift work including possible on call, nights and weekends as needed. Technician must live in the assigned area. Will be required to ensure quality work and task completion with proper close out documentation for site visits. The installation Technician I will provide guidance and work with support teams and contractors as required.
- High School diploma or equivalent
- Technical, trade school or military experience.
- Minimum 2 years network installation experience
- Ability to follow Engineering Specifications, method of procedures (MOPs) and have entry ETS skills
- Develop solutions for installation and decommissioning to include required construction, electrical and site prep.
- Installation of core site equipment including exterior cabling such as grounding, Ethernet, Fiber, power, coax and circuit breakers.
- Must have good understanding of network technology as well as having an understanding of Access and Core Network equipment used in Next Generation Network (NGN) and current networks.
- Understanding of proper cable routing, fire stopping and general telecommunication installation standards.
- The ability to lift heavy weight ~ 60lbs. and be on feet all day.
- Examine, validate and load up-to-date software and scripts.
- Troubleshoot and resolve issues with site equipment.
- Install, test, commission and integrate new hardware
- Expert understanding of all hand tools required to install, test and accept new hardware
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .