Leads cross-functional teams from design to delivery of fully developed products that are ready for customer use. Develops strategy and roadmap for future products. Designs, develops and manages activities from product definition and planning through production, release, and end of life. Evaluates technical options and represents business requirements to the technology organization through requirement documents and detailed specifications. Provides timely and accurate information and status updates to functional leaders. Acts as primary point of contact to lead development and quality assurance resources to successfully release new products on time and within budget.
The Customer Premise Equipment (CPE) Product Manager will be responsible for market analysis, product planning, new product development and life cycle management associated with equipment that supports the overall wireline strategy. The CPE Product Manager will be lead on managing the Cisco relationship and managing requirements associated with Gold Partner status. The CPE Product Manager will be responsible for the following:
· Evaluate product trends to determine market potential for new devices
· Proactively manage vendors to add new products to replace end of life/ end of support products.
· Work with supply chain management to proactively negotiate agreements with vendor partners to reduce cost of goods on an annual basis
· Manage product certification process to and vendor agreements to ensure products are added to product catalog in a timely basis
· Ensure all Cisco certification requirements are met on an annual basis
· Develop processes and documentation for field sales and SE organization
· Development and management of CPE-as-a-Service program
· Develop recommendations and reporting to support CPE sales and SE compensation
Open to filling this position anywhere within the US.
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years project management and implementation experience
- Four plus years project management experience
- Strong technical understanding of wireline CPE products
- Vendor negotiation experience
- Proven ability to manage multiple vendors
- Strong written, presentation, and verbal skills
- MBA degree a plus
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .