Responsible for the identification and adoption of new, emerging technologies that will be an integral part of the business's success. Assists with standardizing the enterprise process for selecting new technologies. Monitors effectiveness of latest technologies. Develops and improves strategic processes and direction for projects. Provides direction for entire project and project team. Works on multiple projects and solves the most complex problems. Applies advanced subject matter knowledge on a regular basis.
* Position open in Reston/Herndon VA, Overland Park,KS or remote locations near a Sprint office*
- Be a subject matter expert in 4G and 5G wireless technologies
- Capability to assess performance of candidate roadmap features via analysis, modeling and simulation.
- Expertise in RF modeling, including Atoll, Matlab & OPNET.
- Proficient in developing link budgets for TDD and FDD networks.
- In depth understanding of VoLTE, MIMO, Carrier Aggregation, and Interference Avoidance/Suppression mechanisms especially in HetNet applications.
- Define strategies for evolution of wireless technologies, and develop target network architecture and roadmap.
- Work closely with internal planning, development and regulatory organizations to help develop Sprint’s technology plans.
- Conduct technology evaluation and proof of concept trials.
- Drive industry leading vendors, carriers, and partners to align their roadmaps with Sprint’s technology plans.
- Assist Industry standards team in developing contributions to support Sprint’s position on 3GPP and other relevant standard organizations.
Perform research and detailed analysis to help guide technology strategy decisions and make recommendations to Executive leadership team
- Bachelor's degree and four years related work experience or eight years related work experience post high school
- Three years experience working with the identification and adoption of new, emerging technologies
- Three years project management and project implementation experience
- Master's degree in Electrical/Computer Engineering or Computer Science
- Knowledge of system performance, multi-RAT environment, RAN Virtualization, and RAN-Core & RAN-Device interactions.
- Familiarity with LTE RAN vendor ecosystem
Prior experience with operators on system evolution
At Sprint, we're more than just talk. We've changed the way people communicate, how they work and how they stay connected on the go. Sprint is widely recognized for developing, engineering and deploying innovative technologies, including the first wireless 4G service from a national carrier in the United States; offering industry-leading mobile data services, leading prepaid brands including Virgin Mobile USA, Boost Mobile, and Assurance Wireless; instant national and international push-to-talk capabilities; and a global Tier 1 Internet backbone. Behind every decision we make, there is a passion and drive to develop technologies to enhance and simplify our customers' lives.
Are you ready for the big time?
Sprint is a background screening, drug screening, and E-Verify participating employer and considers qualified candidates with criminal histories consistent with applicable law. EOE .
US-KS-Overland Park, US-VA-Reston